Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

I am the Willow

 

I am the Willow.

I bend to the will of the Wind.

He is satisfied that he has caused me to weep.

He does not know; I do not break.

His lack of understanding comprehends not;

I am renewed from a depth he will never come to know.

 

Encouragement I gain from the near-by stream as she whispers;

“You are loved.”

The gentle embrace of the cleansing rain heals my wounds.

Even with the scars that remain, she comforts me with the wisdom;

“You are beautiful.”

The Robins build their nest in the shelter that is my branches.

They sing a new song to my soul;

“You are needed.”

The sun rises, light shines through the past darkness.

I recognized a new truth;

I am a survivor.

 

__Lauralynn Browning         

No comments:

Post a Comment